Enhance Clinical Psychology Services
About Janet Cartwright
My name is Janet Cartwright and I am a Clinical Psychologist with 15 years experience as a practitioner. I work with adults to improve the way they think, feel and act in order to enhance their lives.
I have completed a Masters Degree in Clinical Psychology and a Bachelor of Psychology (Honours).
I am a member of The Australian Psychological Society (APS), The Australian Clinical Psychology Association (ACPA) and the Australian Professional Association for Transgender Health (AusPATH). I am registered to provide Clinical Psychology services under the Better Access Scheme through Medicare.
I also work with clients under DVA.
I see individuals for face to face appointments and also have the ability to see clients via video conference or phone sessions during lockdown and when more convenient.
I work with the following experiences:
- Bipolar disorder
- Anxiety disorders (Panic, Agoraphobia, Phobias, Social Phobia, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Health Anxiety and Generalized Anxiety Disorder)
- Difficulties managing stress
- Sleep problems
- Adjustment difficulties (including adjustment to tinnitus)
- Grief and loss
- Sexual identity
- Gender identity and gender transitions (FtM & MtF and non-binary gender identity)
- Experiences of minority stress and discrimination
- Low self-esteem
- Binge eating and body image issues (from a HAES, non-diet, intuitive eating approach)
- Self-harm and thoughts of suicide
- Problems at work
- Relationship problems (not couples therapy)
- Communication difficulties (provide strategies to teach assertive communication and boundary setting).
My research interests have focused on the importance of the therapy relationship and how this relates to the outcome of therapy.
I am passionate about keeping up to date with the latest research on effective treatment and regularly attend professional development workshops and training.
I am not currently taking new clients.